By Wendy Clark, advertising sales director and event planner for Bird Watcher’s Digest
- Your email address and/or Twitter handle contain a bird reference.
- You know what a “birding bra” is, and you are not ashamed to wear one, even if you are male.
- You have more than one bumper sticker on your car featuring birding locations, birding slogans, bird jokes, bird memes, or images birds themselves.
- Whenever you drive, your binoculars are either on the front seat or around your neck.
- More than once you have abruptly pulled off the road, jumped out of your car, and used said binoculars on a bird. (You are unlikely to have given your nonbirding passengers warning, which may have terrified them.)
- Your nonbirding friends frequently email you photos of birds they want you to identify—usually northern cardinals or American goldfinches.
- You feel completely comfortable dining in public wearing tear-away pants, a vest with multiple pockets, and a Tilly hat (or other conspicuous head gear).
- You correct people who use the terms seagull and Canadian goose.
- You spend nearly as much time with eBird as you do with your significant other.
- Khaki is your favorite color.
About the Author
Out There With the Birds is the official blog of Bird Watcher's Digest, featuring engaging content, commentary, and creativity from some exciting new voices. New posts appear several times a week, so please check back often!